Monday, March 23, 2009

Budget Getaway in Panglao, Bohol

Last month I decided I have had enough of work and decided to take a much needed rest.... beach getaway! I could only schedule it on the last week of March there I was for a couple days in the sunny white sands of Bohol. It was my first time there and I was at first dismayed by the average resort prices for rooms. They ranged from P5000 above!

Not that I minded paying that kind of amount whatsoever, I just wanted the trip to be inexpensive... cheap! So I asked around my hotelier friends which beaches they recommended and one suggested Dumaluan Beach Resort, which is owned by the friend of my co-worker. Their standard rooms actually started at less than P2000 which is such a steal for Bohol. I managed to book the Junior Suite, and only at P2600 net at that... :) They are located just beside Bohol Beach Club so technically, you get all the great beachy goodness, at half the price!

Aside from the white sands, clear blue water, I'm loving that the beach is not over crowded, which I think Boracay is now since it summer season. When I'm at the beach I would love to have the place all to myself haha.

Lets take a look at our room:


Doesnt look like much from the outside.

The view of the bed greeted us when we came in. Not bad, eh?

TV, and ref. Too bad they didnt have a convenience store nearby so the ref was empty the whole time. They had cable which pretty much is a plus, considering that they were technically a budget resort. I've been to resorts in Cebu with over P5K pricetags for rooms and they still didnt have cable!

The bathroom was quite spacious... quite big! I loved it. I always dread small bathrooms coz I have this fear of having any part of my skin touch any tile/wall in the bathroom, I dont know why.

On the bed were a couple of towels shaped into a lotus flower. Cool. I love their presentation.

Aside from their great rooms, as a guest there you also have free wi-fi access in their restaurant. Luvet!

Try their Prawns in Crab Fat. Pricey, but really worth it. Their food prices are a bit steep, considering they were supposed to be a cheap resort (One lunch set us back 1K), so if you get tired of their prices, just walk a little bit going to Bohol Beach Club and before you reach it, there's an open air grill place there. Pay as you order and you're going to be pretty full for less than P500. :)

Next stop, Boracay on May. One of my guy friends knows of this resort in Station 2 that is actually just P2500 for a room. Can you imagine? In Bora? And thats good for 4 persons already so woah... Anyway, Im going if I have extra money. I'm still saving up because I want to go to Macau this June and watch Cirque du Soleil with a bunch of other guys. So, first priority, Macau, second, Boracay. Oh, and dont forget Camotes Island haha! I guess I have a loaded summer ahead.

0 comments: