Monday, March 2, 2009

LG KP500

I was talking to my dad yesterday morning about how I've been wanting to buy a new mobile phone but that I couldnt afford one. What with my credit card & laptop payments, and with me quitting my job in a month. I told him I was interested either in a Motorola V9 or a Samsung Omnia. It was really just a normal conversation for me, so imagine my surprise when he came back in the afternoon to pick me up, bringing a new cellphone! Wow was I surprised... He's sooo sweet! No matter what he says, I know he got the phone for me... He keeps on denying it, but it's just too much like an Omnia for me not to think he got it for himself.

It wasnt the V9 or the Omnia, but an LG KP500, which is also a touchscreen phone. Slim, with a 3MP camera. What more could a girl ask for? I was sooo happy... I loved it! Goodbye to my mom's MyPhone, which I have been suffering, using for the last couple of months since my Motorola V3x is incapacitated. Goodbye to my ratty V3x, hello touchscreen phone!



Here are some of its features:

• 3" Full touch screen
The 3.0 inch wide full touch screen is more screen “real estate” to better enjoy watching videos, playing games, and looking at photos. Bigger is better and that also makes it easier to use by physical touch since larger icons are easier to navigate than smaller ones.

• Active flash UI
The user interface is so intuitive that users will want to explore and master all of the functions and features of the LG-KP500. The UI allows users to access menus easily and shift around other menus simply and quickly with just one touch.

• Handwriting & Editing
The easy-to-use smart handwriting recognition function of the LG-KP500 allows users to send text messages without using the touch keyboard. It is possible to write in complicated languages such as Chinese. In the photo mode, users can easily edit their photos with the stylus pen.

• Motion sensor game
Using advanced motion sensor technology, the LG-KP500 adds more fun interactivity to games so users can enjoy mobile entertainment in a more dynamic and exciting way.The games loaded on the LG-KP500 use a motion sensor that requires the user’s eye-hand coordination to balance, flip, shift, and twist the handset to play the games.

• Auto rotating display
The QWERTY onscreen keyboard slides into view when the LG-KP500 is held horizontally, and the auto rotating display always shifts images or documents for proper viewing no matter which way the handset is turned.

• Embedded stylus pen
Since the stylus is embedded in the handset, the user instantly write a memo or edit a photo without having to search around for the stylus pen which often gets lost or misplaced. The appearance of the phone is not sacrificed with the embedded, artfully "concealed" in the handset.

In addition to all that, I just read the manual & found out I can actually edit videos, shorten its time, capture stills and the like. I can do a lot of editing pictures with this phone!

I've only been using this for a day, and so far it is turning out to be a great new phone. My brother said LG is poised to replace Samsung as the new manufacturer of sophisticated phones and I believe him (since cellphones are a family business ;)) but what I love most about this phone is that my dad gave it to me. Its the best surprise ever. :)

0 comments: