Friday, April 10, 2009

What Not To Buy: The Face Shop's Phytogenic Powder Foundation SPF 20

"This functional powder foundation may be applied wet or dry and
protects skin against UV rays. It creates a medium to full coverage for a
flawless complexion while keeping skin hydrated with the aid of botanical
hydrants.
"


I was looking for a new powder foundation a few months ago and after realizing that L'Oreal's mineral make up foundation was a dud on me (will be in another post ;)). I decided to try out The Face Shop since Koreans always have nice and clear smooth skin (they must be doing something right!). Out of all the types of powder foundations they had, the Phytogenic stood out because of the name.

Photogenic = Phytogenic hehe

And what was best about it? The color matched my skin tone perfectly, as well as covering up my acne scars. Also, I have oily skin, and by mid afternoon it did not cake on my face much and leave some sort of mark.

I thought I had the perfect powder but alas, it wasnt to be so. A week after using this powder I noticed that I always had whiteheads on my forehead and at the bridge of my nose. I hadnt done or put anything different / new on my face so I knew the culprit was the powder.

Until now the whiteheads hasnt stopped coming and I just wish I'd finish the powder already! I cant wait. I've been hearing good things about Neutrogena (which my co-workers swear by) and MAC, so Im switching when its all used up.

0 comments: