Friday, July 17, 2009

Tim Burton's Wonderland

I dont think many people know that there is an Alice in Wonderland movie coming out next year. The movie is still under production and lo and behold, Tim Burton is working on the film, as well as the best actor of all time, Johnny Depp.

Accdg. to IMDB:

"The traditional tale has been freshened with a blast of girl power, courtesy of writer Linda Woolverton (Beauty and the Beast). Alice, 17, attends a party at a Victorian estate only to find she is about to be proposed to in front of hundreds of snooty society types. Off she runs,
following a white rabbit into a hole and ending up in Wonderland, a place she visited 10 years before yet doesn't remember. "

I like that Tim Burton is directing the film because as his previous movies, instead of the all bright colored, cheery tale that everyone would expect, his talent is in making these tales just darker than normal... r.e. Corpse Bride, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, etc. I'm pretty curious how this film will turn out now that he is helming it. I only sometimes go to the moviehouse but this will be one film I am looking forward too, as well as Up and Twilight. :)

Did I mention it stars Johnny Depp? I am sooo awestruck by his talent. Everytime he acts in a movie, it totally makes me forget that its Johnny Depp acting as his character, as opposed to lets say, Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt - they're soo typecasted. Johnny Depp makes me forget that he's acting in a movie. Instead, all I see is Edward, or Jack Sparrow, or Willy Wonka. No trace of him the actor throughout the movie. Thats whats so amazing about him. I think I will just die if I get to meet him.


Here are some pictures of the other characters in Alice In Wonderland:



Mia Wasikowska as Alice

Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen



Anne Hathaway as the White Queen


Johnny Depp as The Mad Hatter








0 comments: